- 1 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce
- dash hot sauce
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 cornichon or dill pickle, finely chopped
- pinch hot paprika
- 2 slices light rye bread or sourdough
- butter, for distributing
- 2–3 slices salt beef
- couple of slices Swiss cheese, for example emmental or gruyre
- 2–3 tablespoons of sauerkraut
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- dill pickles, for everyone
MethodFor that Russian dressing, mix together all of the ingredients and season with pepper and salt.
Butter both slices of bread. Place the salt beef on a single slice, then top using the cheese and sauerkraut. Spread the Russian dressing within the other slice and put it on the top from the sauerkraut.
Heat the sandwich inside a sandwich maker or perhaps in a warm, dry fry pan. (If utilizing a fry pan, butter each side from the bread, press the sandwich lower to the pan having a spatula, as well as heat for 3–4 minutes on every side before the bread is well browned and also the cheese has melted.) Serve with dill pickles.